Saturday, May 24, 2008

Married Life

Caleb and I have now been married for 3 years, which feels like forever and nothing, all at the same time. We celebrated our anniversary early in Greece at a place like this:

Now that we're back in the real world, we celebrated our anniversary by buying a screen door. It's not very romantic, I know, but useful. Hopefully, we won't have flies buzzing around now. I was starting to think I'd need to start making shoefly pie.

Here is a picture of our view from the front door. As you can see, West Virginia is very green in the summer.

Reed's favorite place to play is on the front porch (which needs a new coat of paint, I realize.) That will have to be another summer project.

I also made a Rhubarb pie for our anniversary with fresh Rhubarb from the Farmer's Market. It was quite lovely and tasty as well.
I guess we're real country folks now.


6 comments:

Patti Knox said...

Hi, Kelly and Caleb! (and Reed...is he reading yet??)

Wow, the view out your front door is too beautiful. I'm jealous of all that green and lush. I'm glad you have a blog (I have one, too...it's http:\\thatspacebetween.blogspot.com
Come visit me virtually! I miss you all very much - don't let my lack of contact serve as a measure. patti

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly, Caleb, and Reed, So glad to see some pictures of the family and the house. We are in Billing, MT right now, but I will call you when I get home.
Penelope

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, Caleb and Reed, This is a wonderful blog. Kelly, you chose such perfect pictures! The pie looks good enough to eat and Reed looks too cute not to kiss!
Love, Mamma D

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, We love your blog. It's a great idea. Happy 3rd anniversary.
Abbie and Sean

Anonymous said...

Glad you have joined the land of the bloggers! It is a great way to keep up. Keep those pics coming and happy belated anniversary.

Love you,
Meg

Blind Dog Megan said...

Lovely pics! Congrats to your family- 3 years wow!!!