Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cathedral State Park

As promised, some photos from Cathedral State Park. We don't really have any good ones from within the Hemlock grove because it was so overgrown that it was quite dark inside, but we have some from around the park. We had a good time, and Reed and Hank loved it.

Hank ran all over and pooped twice. The first time we were prepared and promptly disposed of the offensive matter. The second time came as a surprise, and we didn't know what to do with it. In a classic Hank move, the poo was spread out over a 3 foot radius. Caleb was frantically trying to sweep leaves over it while I said "Don't do that, then people won't be able to see it." Suddenly, a huge family full of kids came happily trotting around the corner. "Just leave it and pretend like nothing happened," I told Caleb. However, as we were trying to nonchalantly slide by, the kids yelled "Doggie," and they all had to take turns petting him as I looked anxiously at the dog turds just a foot away. After the kids were done and had moved on, we hurried away, but I could hear the family commenting on the little present Hank had left in the middle of the trail. It was quite embarrassing. On the way back, we swept it out of the trail with a stick.

On a side note, Hank had another great Hank moment on Friday when he dug himself under the back porch and got stuck. Caleb had to dig him out. Now, there is a 2 foot hole in our backyard. To put it lightly, our dog is a character.

Now on another side note.... Reed likes to write songs now. Right now Caleb's playing the guitar, and Reed is singing "Cookie monster, la, la Daddy, la, la Elmo, Mommy, Mimi, la, la Pappa, Mama, la, la Cookie...." He's our little budding musician.

And finally, some photos. And yes, Abbie, that's not a flower that Reed is smelling. It's Rush Skeleton Weed, but how was I supposed to disappoint him?

2 comments:

Mike Colvin said...

Love to pictures. I have had similar Hank-like stories. Don't you love the double-triple poop walks.

Patti Knox said...

Ah...the pleasures of dog ownership. I vaguely remember them! Hope you guys are well. Thinking of you, wishing you good thoughts!

xo