Okay, I'm super lax about posting, but here are some Christmas pictures--nearly a month too late. We had a great Christmas. Caleb and I both had a month off, and it was wonderful to be able to give Reed plenty of undivided attention. This was the first Christmas we've ever spent in our own house, and it was really fun to come down in the morning and see that "Santa" had come. Reed was super excited. Later in the day, we went to Caleb's grandma's house and enjoyed lots of food, family, and more present opening. The next day, we celebrated Christmas with Caleb's parents. We really missed my parents this year, but we look forward to spending next Christmas with them. Here are some photos of Reed with his presents, grandparents, and cousins.


We also went to Pittsburgh for a weekend. For my birthday, my friend Kelly launched a fundraising drive and got us a hotel room for the night of my birthday, but since my birthday is on Christmas and we were all tired, we decided to save the room for a night that we could really enjoy. We stayed at the William Penn Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. It is the oldest and nicest hotel in Pittsburgh. We had a great time. We went to this Pittsburgh Landmark called the Church Brew Works.
It's a brew pub located in an old Catholic church. It was pretty fun, and the food was decent, but I think Caleb's homebrewed beer is better.
It's a brew pub located in an old Catholic church. It was pretty fun, and the food was decent, but I think Caleb's homebrewed beer is better.We also went to the Andy Warhol museum on a Friday night, which made me feel like an adult again. 
The next day we went to Trader Joes and H & M, my two favorite stores, and we had dinner with our friends Andy and Carrie that night. It was a great weekend, and I think we deserved it! This past semester was a bear, and I'm pretty sure the next will be worse. Thank you to all of our friends and family who contributed to this wonderful gift and made it possible. Also, thanks to Kenny, Diana, Miranda, and Shale who watched Reed.
Okay, so that's my acceptance speech for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment